The Seminary Meme
Just a Guy tagged me with his Seminary Meme. If I answer his questions I have a chance to get a hundred bucks in free books. Now who could say no to that?
This Seminary Meme is part of a competition sponsored by Going to Seminary and Eisenbrauns. If you’d like to be entered, simply answer the 7 questions below and tag 5 other people. You’ll also need to post this paragraph (links included) with your answers as the links will be tracked back to your blog and will count as your “entry” into the competition. On April 30th, 2008, one blogger will be selected at random to win a $100 gift certificate to the Eisenbrauns online bookstore.
- Where do you attend seminary? Trinity Evangelical Divinity School, Deerfield, IL
- What class do you think has most impacted your spiritual life? Theology I, taught by Kevin Vanhoozer. It opened my eyes to the fact that theology is a lot bigger than reading Millard Erickson’s Christian Theology.
- What seminary professor has been the most influential while in seminary? Kevin Vanhoozer has been influential. So has my advisor, Harold Netland, who has done some excellent work in response to the theological challenges of religious pluralism.
- What is the greatest challenge you’ve faced in seminary? Paying for it/finding a job situation that allows me to go to classes.
- What has been the greatest reward you’ve experienced in seminary? I have a better intellectual grounding for my faith.
- What are your plans after seminary? I will probably return to pastoral ministry. Ultimatley I would like to get a Ph.D. and teach theology or biblical studies.
- How many times have you been asked question #6? Probably once a month for the past three years, so I’ll have to guess nearly 40 times.
The problem here is that I don’t have five people I can tag that this applies to. I’m hoping for mercy from the contest police. If you read this and you (a) are thinking about seminary, (b) are going to seminary, or (c) went to seminary, consider yourself tagged and drop me a comment.